Does your business have proper wayfinding signage? If not, then it’s time to invest in some lobby directory signs today!
Directional signage inside your business is important. In fact, it is so important that a study completed in Canada asked various shoppers what irritated them most while visiting businesses and shopping in stores. On a scale of 1-5, shoppers ranked various irritants. “Directions within the store are inadequate” ranked a 2.98.
Once visitors are inside your business, they should be able to figure out where they need to go quickly and easily. If you allow them to become irritated by failing to provide wayfinding signage, they’ll be sure to leave your business with negative feelings, vowing never to return again.
Here are just a few tips you can follow for directional signage success in business:
Place Your Signs Where People Are
- It may sound like an obvious thing to do, however, you’d be surprised at how many businesses mess up their wayfinding signage by doing things like placing their restroom signs within 5 feet of the restroom, or sticking their food and refreshment signage right next to the serving area.
- Do you know where lobby directory signs are most effective? Directional signage to indicate things like restrooms, exits, and elevators should be set up in high traffic areas where guests frequently gather.
Follow The KISS Principle: Keep It Simple, Stupid!
- When creating directional signage, simple is always best in order to help visitors understand where they need to go.
- Keep your messaging concise, instead of stuffing your wayfinding signage full of graphics, colours, and information that isn’t necessary.
Be Bright And Bold
- As shared in the last point, you want to make sure you’re not going overboard with anything like graphics and colours. This doesn’t mean however that your lobby directory signs should be drab and boring looking.
- Brightly colored signs with bold wording will be most effective at capturing your visitor’s attention. For best results, try to pick colors that stand out against the overall decor of your business.
Use Arrows Strategically
- Arrows can be an effective and helpful graphic to include in your directional signage if implemented properly.
- Make sure you don’t leave any room for misinterpretation, as some arrows can be too ambiguous. For example, does an upward-pointing arrow mean the restroom is straight ahead, or on the second floor?
3Sixty Sign Solutions: Custom Wayfinding And Directional Signage For Your Business
If you are looking to implement proper lobby directory signs and custom wayfinding signage, then it’s important that you trust the experts. Let the team at 3Sixty Sign Solutions create custom wayfinding or directional signage that helps your visitors figure out where they need to go quickly and easily. Contact us today to book your complimentary consultation and to receive a personalized quote.