Have you ever found yourself lost and looking for directions – on the subway, in an airport, on a university campus, or even inside a small building? When they’re visiting your business, you want to make sure your visitors are as comfortable as possible navigating your commercial space.
This can easily be accomplished by including directional signage in hallways, stairways, and entrances, to ensure new visitors are provided with a clear sense of direction.
Create A Positive Experience With Wayfinding Signage
There are various types of directional signage you can use to create a positive experience for your visitors, including:
- Informational wayfinding signage such as standing signs, plaques, or descriptions.
- Identification lobby directory signs, such as the name of a conference room or entrance to a parking garage.
- Directional signage such as a map.
- Regulatory or warning wayfinding signage such as wet floor and fire safety signs.
Effective Directional Signage Is The Way To Go
It’s important that you create effective directional signage that your visitors will be able to understand. Effective wayfinding signage includes:
- The use of appropriate sizing.
- A consistent design across all your lobby directory signs.
- Properly sized fonts that are easy to read.
- A clear and easily understood message.
- The use of universally recognizable symbols, such as arrows.
The Location Of Your Wayfinding Signage Matters
Where and how you place your sign is the most important factor to consider, as it affects the overall convenience of your signs. Make sure to keep the following in mind:
- Include exterior and interior directional signage so that visitors can feel a sense of ease, from the moment they step onto your property and inside your commercial building.
- Placing your signs overhead or on the walls of your building is an efficient way to guide visitors in the right direction.
Other Helpful Tips To Keep In Mind
Here are some other helpful tips to creating wayfinding signage that delivers a welcoming and positive experience for your visitors:
- Ensure that your directional signage follows the same fonts and colour schemes across the board.
- Include information such as the setting and where the viewer is in relation to where they need to go (this is often showcased in the form of a map).
- When creating your signs, don’t be afraid to get creative and make them stand out through originality!
- Keep in mind, if you have beautiful and informative lobby directory signs, your visitors are more likely to think positively about your products or services.
3Sixty Sign Solutions: Custom Lobby Directory Signs For Your Business
3Sixty Sign Solutions offers a full range of signage services, including wayfinding and directional signage, to suit all your business needs. From start to finish, we’ll handle every step of your signage project, including design, manufacturing, and installation. Contact us today to receive a personalized quote.