Exterior business signs are an important way for businesses to amplify their branding and reach. When an outdoor sign is placed in the right location, it can serve at a catalyst for sales and revenue. Here are just a few tips on how to design the perfect outdoor signs for your business:
Match Your Signs With Your Branding
- It’s important that your signs in Edmonton match up with the overall branding strategy of your business.
- When designing your exterior business signs, consider your brand’s existing colours, as well as the desired psychological and physiological effect on the viewer.
- As an example, “hot colours” like orange, yellow, and red are generally considered high-response choices. Blue, green, and purple are less stimulating but also more soothing.
- The proper amount of “white space” is also important; 30% to 40% of your sign’s area should be left bare. Remember: visual clutter impairs readability.
Size Matters – Large Font And Short Text
- Outdoor signage should be kept short and sweet, so that passersby can quickly read your signs.
- Information you might want to consider including on your exterior business signs could be your logo; company name; tagline; and any other information that can be communicated concisely.
- Aim for three to five words per headline, with supporting information below if necessary.
- Keep in mind that your font should be big enough to be easily understand and read by all age groups. Use mixed-case letters rather than all caps, which are harder to read due to their more uniform size and shape.
It’s All About Location, Location, Location!
- You want to make sure that your signs in Edmonton are seen by potential customers. Be sure to place your sign as close to the street as regulations allow.
- Your sign should stand out as much as possible from its surroundings, using design elements such as shape, size, and colour. Also, ensure your sign is free of obstructions such as trees, shrubs, lights, etc.
- A great tip to follow is to take a drive past your business yourself, from all directions. This can help you determine the best location for your sign – the goal is maximum exposure to your target audience.
- If you want an LED sign in Edmonton, do a drive-by at night as well, to determine the location where your sign will shine brightly and stand out.
3Sixty Sign Solutions: Exterior Business Signs In Edmonton For Your Business
3Sixty Sign Solutions offers a full range of signage services for your business needs, including exterior business signs and LED signs in Edmonton. Our skilled team is equipped to handle all types of signs in Edmonton to reinforce your branding and make a positive impression. Contact us today to receive a personalized quote.