Large glass walls and cubicle-free spaces are great, but overdo the whole open-plan office design, and you can make everyone miserable. Forbes’ doesn’t mince its words, the constant lack of privacy can “wreak havoc on your ability to focus.”
That’s why frosted glass vinyl for windows and doors has become a popular option across offices. It allows the business to take advantage of a contemporary open-plan office while ensuring sufficient privacy for employees.
In this article, we’ll tell you what office window frosting is, how it’s installed, and why you may want to consider it for your space.
What Is Frosted Glass Vinyl for Windows and Doors?
In a nutshell, these are vinyl sheets that, once installed on a glass surface, give it a frosted glass look (like in the picture above). While light can still pass through the glass, you can’t clearly distinguish people and objects.
Office window frosting has long been a favorite of establishments looking to improve privacy or add a contemporary touch to the décor. However, the high cost of frosted glass deters many from installing it.
With vinyl office window frosting, that cost is reduced substantially. Vinyl films are inexpensive; what’s more, you can paste them on your existing windows and doors, which is a massive cost saving compared to replacing them outright.
How Is Frosted Privacy Vinyl Film Installed?
Installing vinyl glass films can take anywhere from a half-hour up to about two hours.
- The first step is cleaning the glass thoroughly, taking care to remove dust particles and stains.
- After that, use a glass-safe spray that lubricates the glass and readies it for installing the film.
- Then align the office window frosting film with the edge and place it gently on the glass.
- Using a squeegee, remove all the air bubbles from between the vinyl sheet and glass.
- Use an additional spray on the vinyl sheet to keep it lubricated to make removing the air bubbles easier.
- Finally, squeeze the frosted glass film tightly in the corners to complete the installation.
You can install films on your own, though we advise customers to have them professionally installed. Damaged or improperly installed films can look extremely unsightly (and may mean you need to order new ones).
Why Do Businesses Install Frosted Glass Film?
Improving privacy and enhancing décor are just two of the many uses for glass films. Today, businesses in Edmonton use films to achieve a great many things, including:
- Branding the workspace with monogrammed films.
- Reducing glare from sunlight and artificial lighting.
- Eliminating hotspots (because of the sun) to improve comfort.
- Reduce energy bills by reducing the amount of sunlight that enters.
- Creating private spaces for employees.
- Protecting furniture and equipment from UV damage.
- Enhancing the exterior of the office building with colored films.
Simply, there are far too many uses to list. Part of the reason is that frosted glass vinyl for windows is so customizable.
At 3Sixty Sign Solutions, we help customers personalize films with their branding (including logo and colors), treatments, special effects, and more. Talk to us to find out how you can improve comfort while enhancing your décor with frosted privacy vinyl film in Edmonton.